Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU/CCU to work in the Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NC, to provide care to Active Duty heroes, their family members, and retirees. Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU/CCU will work full-time, 80 hr/two weeks, Mon - Sun 6:45AM - 7:15PM or 6:45PM - 7:15AM. The Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU/CCU will normally work six 12.5 hr shifts and one 8 hr shift per two week period. RN may be assigned to the Multi-Service Ward or Mother Baby Ward as workload dictates. Part-time positions, minimum 36 hrs / 2 weeks, also available on separate job posting.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - ICU/CCU:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians’ orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- The RNs shall be cross-trained in post anesthesia care and provide post anesthesia care within the Intensive Care Unit/ Critical Care Unit.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations..
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
- Precepting duties will include mentoring, educating on hospital and unit policies and procedures, clinical bedside education, providing weekly input by; documenting, updating, and providing feedback to the preceptee.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - ICU/CCU:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate from a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing program.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of full-time experience within the last 5 years as a Registered Nurse in a Critical Care Unit or Intensive Care Unit of comparable size and complexity.
- Experience in IV Conscious Sedation is required as RNs will be certified in IV conscious sedation,
- Possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Possess and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive pay
• 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.