Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room at Bethesda, Maryland to work in the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. The Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room will provide care to America's Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees. OR RN positions are full-time, 8 hr or 12 hr shifts, 40 hrs/wk, Mon - Fri, excluding holidays, between 6:45AM - 5:15PM.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - OPERATING ROOM:
- Perform a full range of operating room nursing services to include performance as a circulation nurse; pass instruments to surgeon and/or assistants; prepare patients for surgery and assists in preparation of the patient's operative site; assist the aneshthesiologist; adjust lights and other equipment; verify proper identiification of patients and scheduled surgical procedure.ensure consent forms are complete; assist in positioning patient.
- Ensure completion of count of sponges, needles, and other instruments used during surgery and assist in the clean-up of the operating room.
- Prepare operative specimens as directed, label and deliver them to appropriate laboratory.
- Place proper furnishings, equipment, sterile and nonsterile supplies, and instruments in the operating room; check equipment for proper functioning and manage case cart system. Perform equipment and instrument sanitation, disassemble and sort instruments and transfer to cleaning area.
- Oversee pick-up and delivery service for such items as blood gases, supplies, specimens and other materials for the operating room.
- Oversee sterile supply service for assigned cases, ensuring all instruments, equipment, etc are prepared and available for all assigned cases.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations..
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - OPERATING ROOM:
- Bachelor Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accredited Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess a minimum of 24 months of full-time experience as an Operating Room RN. 12 months of this experience must be within the last 3 years. Experience must include two of the following specialties: General Surgery; Orthopedics; Neurosurgery; GYN Surgery; or Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
- Provide two letters of recommendation written within the last two years attesting to the Peri-operative skills and competencies of the nurse.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance contributes to the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability