Nurse Manager Cardiothoracic ICU – Great North Austin location!
650-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital · Level I Trauma Center · Certified Chest Pain Center · Comprehensive Stroke Center · Cardiothoracic surgeries are a growth area for the hospital!
OUTSTANDING BENEFITS include:
- Eligibility on day one for medical benefits
- PTO accrual starts day one!
- 401K with $ for $ match up to 5%
- Tuition reimbursement - $5250 annually – eligible after 90 days!
Nurse Manager Cardiothoracic ICU Position Overview
- The Nurse Manager is responsible for creating and sustaining a healthy work environment for staff that fosters excellent professional nursing practice, shared decision-making, interdisciplinary teamwork, and collaboration resulting in positive patient and staff outcomes.
- The Nurse Manager supervises all nursing and unit-based personnel in the department in order to provide a safe, caring environment for patients/family and staff.
- The Nurse Manager plans, develops, implements, evaluates, and monitors policies/procedures, budgets, the allocation of resources, continuous quality improvement initiatives, educational programs, and shared governance/shared leadership councils to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
Nurse Manager Cardiothoracic ICU Department Details
- Reports to the Director of Nursing, Critical Care units
- This position will collaborate with the following critical care departments and leaders totaling 70 Beds (23 Bed STICU,33 MICU with some Neuro)
- Direct reports - 44 FTE’s (includes night and day shift Supervisors and Charge Nurses)
- 14 Bed CTICU Unit - High Acuity
- Heart Transplants/ VADS / ECHMO, (Open Heart, TAVR, VAD, Balloon Pumps, Impella Heart Pumps)
- Currently have heartmate 2 and 3, heartware, impella, centrimag, VA ECMO, VV ECMO, ECPR (EMCO during codes), open chest at bedside, IABPs
- Collaborative Environment working with Residents and top Physicians in their fields
Nurse Manager Cardiothoracic ICU Candidates
- Have the ability to assess operations with a critical, keen, approach, and are proactive with minimal guidance to problem resolution
- Self-starter, team player with the ability to collaborate with the other two ICU unit’s leadership
- RN, BSN, BLS
- CCRN or NE advanced preferred
- 3 plus years of nurse manager experience, 5 plus years of cardiothoracic ICU experience
- Solid work history
We are actively interviewing!
Apply now and contact Ina Phillip at 770-433-2220 firstname.lastname@example.org