Required skills and experience:
1. Medical coding experience: 3 years (Required)
2. Graduate from certified program or college / university (Required)
3. AAPC or AHIMA or similar certification (Required)
4. Athena Healthcare EMR experience: 1 year (Preferred)
5. Commitment to a high level of customer service
6. CPT/Procedure codes knowledge
7. ICD10 diagnosis coding
8. Solid communication skills both written and oral
9. Previous experience working within a large, private OB/GYN medical practice (preferred)
What you need to know:
1. This is a full-time positions with benefits including 401k match.
2. Schedule is M-F from 8a-5p.
1. Onsite interview with Director of Revenue Cycle Management and Supervisor (1-2 meetings)
Job selling points:
1. Opportunity to join a brand new company that was created to be a leading network of integrated women’s healthcare providers.
2. The organization represents a leading women’s health community of Ob-Gyn providers. Our focus is to build on strong clinical reputations, enhance services, and invest in a company culture that puts patients first.
Additional job details:
1. Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures, using ICD-10 and CPT codes.
2. Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations.
3. Follow up with the provider on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear.
4. Communicate with other clinical staff regarding documentation.
5. Search for information in cases where the coding is complex or unusual.
6. Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy.
7. Review the previous day's batch of patient notes for evaluation and coding.
8. Ensure that all codes are current and active.
9. Other duties as assigned by management.