Required skills and experience:
● A minimum of five (5) years upper financial management experience (CFO, Controller, or Director of Business Office) in a similar size facility and payer mix is required.
● Candidate must have held a CFO title for at least 5 years at a healthcare organization.
● Proficient at using Excel
● Ability to multi task and wear many hats within organization when needed.
● Candidate will possess an accredited bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related business discipline with significant financial concentration.
● Ten plus years of progressive healthcare financial experience is highly desirable.
● A Certified Public Accountant and/or active professional membership in Healthcare Financial Management Association may be complimentary to aspects of the position.
● Candidate possesses an understanding of various funding streams and reimbursement requirements within behavioral healthcare.
What you need to know:
● Reporting to the CEO and a member of the senior management team, the Chief Financial Officer provides financial leadership in support of the organization’s long-term strategic plans, goals and operating objectives.
● Facilitates the annual budgeting process with management collaboration.
● Closely supervises payer contracting (renegotiations when indicated), account receivables, operating cost and timely preparation of accounting reporting processes as well as monthly close.
● Establishes and ensures internal controls to account for and present financial reports within General Accepted Principles of Accounting as well as managerial accounting guidelines.
● Identifies, selects, mentors and supervises assigned financial personnel within established human resource policies.