Required skills and experience:
1. Currently licensed to practice midwifery in Colorado
2. Ability to function competently in all areas of nurse-midwifery practice
3. Maintains regulatory requirements, including all federal, state, local regulations and accrediting organization standards.
4. Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
5. Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
6. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
7. Current BCLS certification.
8. Current ACLS certification What you need to know:
1. Full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits package.
1. Onsite interview with the Manager and/or Dr.
Job selling points:
1. Exciting opportunity to join a team looking to expand in more states in the near future!
2. This is a highly acquisitive platform – our primary growth engine is successfully acquiring and integrating add-on practices.
3. Opportunity to work in a Private Equity-backed industry. Additional job details:
• Takes part in initial examination of patient, monitors course of pregnancy, advising on proper health practices, taking tests as appropriate, and reporting any complications to the obstetrician
• Prepares patients and their partners for delivery; trains mothers-to-be in exercise, breathing, and relaxation techniques. Provides instructions in breast-feeding if requested
• Attends and reassures patient throughout the course of labor, monitors the fetus condition, administers medications, notifies physician of prolonged labor or complications indicating need for possible surgical intervention
• Delivers infant and checks mother and child to ensure that they are responding normally
• During postpartum period, visits mother and child in hospital to give additional instruction in feeding and care of the newborn
• Conducts classes for patients and family members concerning pregnancy, delivery, and proper childcare
• Conducts classes for nursing students so they may assist new mothers
• Provides advice on family planning and performs gynecological services
• Rounds on labor and patients on the deck