Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) - Permanent Party Sick Call at the Naval Hospital in Beaufort, South Carolina., to provide care to Active Duty military personnel permanently assigned (permanent party) to Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island. The Registered Nurse (RN) - Permanent Party Sick Call is a full-time position, Mon - Fri, 7:45AM - 4:15PM. The RN may be temporarily re-assigned to other Naval Hospital Beaufort clinics as needed.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - PERMANENT PARTY SICK CALL:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians’ orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Recognize signs of abuse or neglect and ensure appropriate action is taken in accordance with Naval Hospital Beaufort policies.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - URGENT CARE CLINIC:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of emergency department experience in the last three (3) years, or at least two (2) years of full-time Intensive Care Unit (ICU) experience in the last three (3) years.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year prorated
- 10 paid Federal holidays prorated
- Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k), health, dental, and vision plans available.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability