Join a rapidly growing company in a stimulating environment! We are seeking an enthusiastic Training Director to be a key team member in our organization
As a company we pride ourselves on providing high quality care to the patients we serve. Candidates must enjoy working with an underserved population and be willing to work in a county correctional facilities, where patient and staff safety is of high importance. The Training Director will provide direct oversight and supervision of all Medical Providers associated with MEnD Correctional Care under the supervision of our President & Chief Medical Officer.
- Coordinates the schedule for annual DOC training with jail facilities.
- Conducts New Employee Orientation for all new MEnD employees.
- Prepares and retains records (for at least 7 years) of all training delivered to each facility.
- Responsible for the management of competency training all MEnD Correctional Care Health Techs within the first three months of hire.
- Provides CPR certification training for MEnD employees and jail facilities when necessary.
- Works closely with our administrative support team to ensure all MEnD employee records reflect training provided by MEnD.
- Creates and revises current training programs and procedures by analyzing best practices, new trends, areas of interest per jail facility, or direction from management team.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, being a member of the MEnD team, and assisting with expansion of the MEnD jail health philosophy
- Other various duties as assigned by MEnD Correctional Care within the scope of the position. This may include travel to various trade shows, conferences, and other jails managed by MEnD, etc.
- Able to provide independent, critical thinking skills
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Understand and possess pharmacology, safety, and nursing skills necessary to deliver appropriate training.
- Thoroughly understand MEnD’s process, procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Understands the security features needed to work safely in this setting which includes secured doors and radio communications.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust medical techniques to accommodate the needs of the specialized population of the jail setting. This includes communication between medical staff and jail staff about the care of the inmate while understanding and adjusting for the unique security issues of the jail.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Valid Minnesota Registered Nursing license
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certified
- 2 years of nursing experience in same or similar setting preferred (i.e. county jail, prison, juvenile correctional facility, hospital, home care, urgent care, ER, etc.)
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth!
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, 401K, Vision, Vol Life, and more)