Medical Technologist (MT) / Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) in San Diego, California, to provide care for active duty American heroes, military retirees, and their families, at Naval Medical Center San Diego. This is a full-time Medical Lab Technologist position, 4-5 days per week (8 or 11-hr shifts).
DUTIES OF THE MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST / CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST (CLS)
- Perform a full range of automated and non-automated laboratory procedures in the areas of chemistry, urinalysis, hematology, serology, bacteriology, and immunohematology.
- Evaluate requested procedures to determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis, ensuring that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verified correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement corrections.? Obtain analytical data, convert to prescribed units of reporting as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.
- Enter and certify laboratory results into electronic health record computer system (CHCS/AHLTA).
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Instruct medical laboratory technicians, residents, and others in laboratory policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST:
- Current certification and registration as a Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (MT-ASCP) or Medical Technologist by the American Medical Technologists (MT-AMT)
- Bachelor's degree
- Graduate from a medical technology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) OR Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) OR an educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- 1-year full-time experience within the last 3 years
- U.S. Citizenship (required for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly covers health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our active duty American heroes, veterans, and their families. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability